The AFL is making a right hash of its own backyard.
- The Finals scheduling is appalling, but hat do you expect when the whole season and most of 2017 was rubbishly scheduled.
- The management of the AFLW (and I use the term management very loosely) is a farce. The comp should be growing and a force for equality, but it is organised as a sideshow. Horrible horrible management and positioning.
- The Hannah Mouncey 'policy making on the run' is further evidence of a disconnect from ... well footy... and a pandering to PR spinners. So so backwards.
This League. Inclusionist to bring in an elite women's comp that then excludes transgender players, and women themselves by running a half baked comp.
A Fair Dinkum disgrace.
I mean, geez even the blockheads that run
The Wash-Up.Fifty percent is fine, given the two tipped wrong were coin tosses by the model anyway... yeah sure, you keep telling yerself that OK.
How good the Eagles tip!
Its a very odd year when the model tips 50% strike rate and yet ends with a sub 24 MAE.
Rankings adjust slightly, and Hawthorn are now the 9th best team. Essendon need to keep on not playing, and one day they may be the bestest.
And Melbourne return to second rank.
The Week Ahead.Two more games ahead to get us to a best four.
And fortune favours the home team, not the traveller.
The September Ahead
Time to look ahead at who lines up in the last game, with the time honoured FMI rankings-based simulations.
Read this as:
- Richmond and West Coast straight through to the Prelims, and then lesser percent chances to feature in the Grand Final,
- Collingwood, Hawthorn, Melbourne and GWS to progress beyond the Semi Finals as per the above percentages.
- No progression for Geelong and Sydney, natch.
So by the above, the most likely GF remains Richmond vs Melbourne. And this is also highlighted by the pairings table here.
Good tipping and good finalsing.